Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A daughter for a month

Well as most of you know I am mentoring Sarah on Monday's, but what you didn't know is that, that mentoring turned into her living with us for a month plus.

Sarah's mom is in Africa visiting family and friends. Sarah is a true African, but she has been living in the U.S. for 8 years now. When mom left to go back to Africa she left Sarah with her Sisters who are only in high school themselves. Like most siblings Sarah and her sister have not been getting along. So to take some pressure of Sarah's sisters we decided to let her move in for a while. Noelle and I are adjusting to becoming "mom like".

We have come to realize that we do not have enough clothes that fit her. So last night I dropped her off at her house to get some of her clothes. Well then this morning we were looking at the sizes and there is no way what she brought was going to work. Most of clothes were 10-12 and she fits nicely into a 16. So I guess we will have to make a trip to Good Will.

Well that is what has been happening around our house lately. I just have to add I have a better appreciation for my cousin who while going to college, and being married to a unworthy guy raised a child. I just have to do it for a month and I have Noelle to help. More power to you. (I am not recommending that anyone try it though.)

No comments: