Monday, June 05, 2006

Here goes my summer

After spending the last few weeks on vacation, it was time to start working. At 8am I started my MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation) job. This week I am driving back and forth to Lansing to complete training of a job I have done for what is going to be my 3rd summer. Yeah I know it sounds crazy, but that is usually how the state works.

I am sure that you are wondering what I actually do. Well the last to summers I have done O&D studies (Orgin & Destination) and turning movements (you set at an intersection and push buttons for the direction that the vechicle moves in). Yeah it is as easy as it sounds. But this year because of it being an election year we are not doing O&DS so instead we are interviewing travlers at rest stops and airports (WARNING: If you are traveling any of these this summer it is painless). Along with doing rest stops and airports we will be having to work weekends, boooooo!

I have to keep in mind that the job pays very well with many hours. That means I will be rolling in the dough this summer...... Yeah baby!!!!!!! I hopefully I will be able to bring you on some of my trips this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you have to work every weekend?? what days do you usually have off?? let's work something out!!