Thursday, April 20, 2006

Imagine that you can travel through time into the future!

It is 2026, twenty years from today. My, how you’ve grown! Take a few minutes to imagine and answer some questions about “your future you."

1. How old are you in 2026? 42 in June
2. What year did you graduate from high school? 2003
3. Where do you live? In the country outside of Grand Rapids
4. Describe your work. Where do you work and what do you do during the day? Why did you choose this profession? I wake up Mon. thru Fri. at 6:00 am. Leave my house at 7:15 with my 2 biological children and my 2 adopted children. Arrive to my classroom at 7:40 after dropping of the children at school and day care. The children arrive at 8:00 and I begin to mold the minds of my first graders. At 3:00 I leave the classroom with all my homework and pick up all my kids. Then at home I go into mom and wife mode and cook dinner, do my children’s homework with them, get them ready for tomorrow and then for bed. Now it is time to work on my homework and socialize with my wonderful husband. Yes I did choose this job, it is elementary teacher.
5. What’s your favorite part of your job, and why? The favorite part of my job is the idea that from 8:00am to 3:00 pm I can provide a safe, fun, and educational environment for children.
6. What are 2 important or interesting things you do outside of work? I raise my 4 children, scrapbook and make cards, and do home interior (when I have time). I including my family volunteer at UFM.
7. Describe your family: I am married to a wonderful man who is a Christian lawyer. We have 2 biological children and 2 adopted children who are joys themselves.
8. If you’re a parent, what are you most proud of as a parent, and why? I am most proud of all my children’s accomplishment and their faith in God.
9. What is something you really like to do with your family, and why? Go camping because it is a place that we can remember that life is relaxing, fun and we can see God’s creation.
10. Is there anything else important that you’d like us to know about your "future you"? I love my God, my family, and my job.

No comments: